Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Baby is 3!

My Sweet baby girl, Isabelle, turned 3 on June 23rd. I still cannot believe that she is 3. Every year on her birthday is a great time of reflection for me. Its not only the day she is born, but also the day I almost lost my life. So every year on her birthday, I am extremely grateful for another year with my wonderful, beautiful, family. The past three years have not been easy, but I know every day how blessed I am when I look at my beautiful baby. 
Shortly after we met for the first time
                                           
 


Isabelle and I have an extra special connection. After I had her, her grandparents took her home, because I needed to stay in the hospital and  recover. I couldn't handle it. My depression overtook me, and got so bad. I told them to bring her back to me. After I was life lighted to Salt Lake, they brought her down to me, and the hospital allowed her to stay with me. It was amazing what she did for me and my spirits when she was around. I just needed to hold her in my arms, and I felt like everything was going to be ok. I have had nine total surgeries the past three years, so it's been rough....but that special bond with Isabelle and I, is the one thing that has gotten me through it all. If I am ever had a really rough day, I wasn't feeling good, or my spirits were really down, all I had to do is hold her. She has been the one and only thing in my life that has had that effect on me. She has been my greatest source of comfort. I know heavenly father gave us this special connection for a reason. She is definitely my angel sent from heaven, and I a will forever be grateful to my Father in Heaven for giving me a second chance. I love you Isabelle Lois.  Thank you for all you do for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, touching post Natalie. Thank you for sharing with all of us. We feel so much gratitude for you and your sweet Izzy! We are ever so thankful that you are part of our lives. We love you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete