Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter Weekend Fun!





For Easter this year, we made a trip down to Lehi to visit David's parents. We were so excited, because we hadn't had a chance to see them in quite a long time. I wasn't feeling very well the night before we left, and as we made the trip down, I really wasn't feeling very good. Once we got to Lehi, I had to make a trip to the insta care to see what's been going on. While I was there, they asked for a urine sample.....and believe it or not, as I gave a urine sample, I passed a kidney stone. For those of you who don't know, I have been battling with these darn kidney stones since I had Isabelle. I had a cat scan about three months ago, which revealed 9 stones....6 in my right side, and 3 in my left. The doctors have told me the only way to get answers is to catch one, so they can analyze it....it has been 3 months, and no sign of a stone....until at the doctors office. So, this was a huge blessing to me!! They were able to send it to the lab, and hopefully soon I will have some answers.


But as for the weekend....it was a rough one for me, but we still had a really good time. We were able to go to the Tulip Festival with David's parent's on Saturday....which was a lot of fun. The kids really enjoyed it. Sunday we had an Easter egg hunt in David's parents' back yard, and the kids LOVED that. Some of David's brothers and sisters were able to come over that day too. I was in bed most of the day, but I'm glad I got to see who I could while we were there.
 
I love Easter. It gives me time to really reflect on our Savior, and what he's done for all of us. I wouldn't have been able to get through any of my trials without having my Savior to help me. I know he has been there holding my hand through everything. I think about what he did for all of us....and it makes my problems seem so small. I am so grateful to be here still....here to watch my children grow, here to teach them and to love them. Here to be a wife, and to have incredible, wonderful experiences. I remember the moment watching it all disappear, and thinking I didn't have a chance to tell everybody goodbye and how much I love them. But I have been given a second chance, and I will live every single day of my life differently now.....for the better. I will never be physically the same again, but my spirit has grown. That is much more important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment