Friday, May 6, 2011

Shaelyns 8th Birthday!


                             
Shaelyn has turned 8 this year! I still can't believe that she is 8, or that we have an 8 year old! Time really just goes by too quickly. This is a really important time for her. She has been counting down the months for her baptism for a whole year, and she is So excited, which makes me one proud Mom. I am so thankful that she has made the decision to be baptized on her own, and I'm so proud of the girl that she is becoming. She loves church and is always there to remind us about family home evening, scripture reading, and anything church related. I am so proud of her and cannot wait for that day that she will become a member of the church. 


  
In honor of her birthday, I thought I would list some of the things that I LOVE about Shaelyn!


  • She has such a fun personality! She loves to be silly, play jokes on people (especially me, even though I don't take it very well sometimes :)), and just be with people.
  • She is SO talented. When she was two years old, she would sing primary songs to me...and I could not believe the singing voice she had. Today, she blows me away when she sings. That is something she definitely got from her father, because I can't sing AT all. :) She loves to sing, dance, play the piano and do anything artsy. I'm so excited to see what she does with all of these talents.
  • She is such a comforter. She has had to go through so much with me being sick the last few years, and out of all my children, it has affected her the most. She was there when they life-lighted me to Salt Lake, and I guess she was screaming "I cannot lose my mommy!" Whenever I am not doing good, she is always the one laying with me, giving me comfort. And whenever the other kids are sick or hurt themselves, she is always the one to take care of everything. She is going to make such a good wife and mommy someday.
                                                                       

We love you Shaelyn Nicole! You are our baby, and we love you more than you will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment