Friday, May 6, 2011

Spencer's 6th Birthday!





He gets SO shy when we sing to him!
A few days after Shaelyn's birthday, we celebrated Spencer's 6th Birthday! He is the one that seems like he's grown up the fastest. With all my health problems going on, I feel like I've missed watching him grow the most. He was only three when I had Isabelle, and when I look at him now.....I can't believe how BIG he has gotten. Birthday's for us were a lot different this year. When we lived in Green River, we had all of our friends and family there, and we would throw them a big birthday party every year....but since we moved this past year, we weren't able to do that. We did throw them a combined party and invited friends this year......Shaelyn had about three people come, but Spencer didn't have any friends show up. He was pretty upset most of the day. But luckily, Winnie & Bapa were able to come up for the day.....and that made the day MUCH easier for Spencer. We are so happy that we don't live far away from them...they are such important and special people in our children's lives. 


Some things that I LOVE about Spencer:

  • I love the way Spencer loves. He has got to be one of the most gentle-natured and lovable little boys I know. He is so soft spoken and kind.(Unless Izzy is bothering him) I especially love to watch him with little babies. I remember I would call to talk to him when he would be staying with Emmy and Papa after one of my surgeries-- He would tell me that he missed me so much, and that I was beautiful. He always knows just what to say to make me smile.
  • I love to watch Spencer play. He has such an imagination, and if all he had was one tiny matchbox car, he would be happy, and play with that thing all day. He loves to create things with legos and kinects (Spelling?), and I'm always amazed at what he can create. I don't have one creative bone in my body, so it's amazing to watch him.
  • He is doing so well in school, and that makes me so proud. David and I were a little worried about him starting school, because he always had a hard time at home listening and following directions. We went to his first parent-teacher conference, and the teacher could not stop praising him. She said he is one of the best boys in her class, and they never have any problems with him. She said that he is definitely going to be a great reader. He didn't even know all of his letters when he started school last September, and is now reading! We really couldn't be prouder!

We Love you Spencer David!!

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment